Friday, August 13, 2010

Captain's Chair

Today I found myself with a small amount of free time. I know what your thinking. OK so I probably could have found some ironing or something boring to do, but I had already sorted Miss 5's room and vacuumed the house so I decided to have a rummage through the Recovery Shop just for fun!


While there I discovered, hidden by a layer of dust. This lovely old magazine rack. I was not sure where I was going to put it, but I just liked it. I also found an old basket, that is in the laundry at the moment awaiting final destination.(not sure where yet) and I picked up some clip together flooring which might make a top for my coffee table.


When I got home I looked around for a spot to put the magazine rack and thought it would be happy here with its friends (chair & desk) also from the recovery shop. Miss 7 was very pleased when she walked in after school. She said she bought lots of papers home from school and they will be able to go in there.

The chair is a captains chair I got a while back for her room and once I gave it a good scrub,it didn't look so sad. So it is sitting in place and maybe one day it will get painted. Until then happy drawing Miss 7






No comments:

Post a Comment