Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Crafty Wednesday

Yesterday was another crafty day here in Tassie. I have been wanting to try out a technique I saw here.

I found a website that said you could use Orange Power Goo and Stain Remover instead of the American Citrasolv, so after visiting 3 different supermarkets I finally found some at Coles.
So rushed home and gave it a try.

This is the effect that I got. Not too bad but seems to need to be printed with quite a bold pic.


I tried another pic of a french label. This did not really work as it was printed more with grey tones than black.
The fabric was pure linen. I think if you had a fabric with a tighter weave, you would get a clearer image.


I was happy anyway with the result. I think it looks charming shown here on Master 9 bed. Not sure if this will be it's final home. But for now it is fitting in with his transport cover.

Miss 7 wanted to try her hand at sewing. So after talking her out of all her grand sewing plans and giving her a quick lesson on the machine and over locker. We settled on these pyjama pants. She did very well. Although she does sew like she does everything else. Full Speed! Managed to curb this after a few close encounters and I learned to say stop a few inches before she actually needed to. She did the whole lot herself except for the elastic waist. I wonder what she will want to make today! (Oh Help!)
I also manged to finish the next pencil holder and notebook. I just need to get a button for it. Pictures to come.
Well happy sewing everyone. Let me know what you are working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment