Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Star's & Daffodils

Hi all! It's Friday evening again in our house which means the honourable star plate is back in action back in action. I have decided to make this a feature of my Blog. Fridays I will try to have a spot to honour the star plate recipient.

This weeks lucky recipient was Miss 7. She received the star plate in recognition of her helpfulness this week in clearing the table without being asked. Well Done Miss Seven. She sure looks happy! I love the way this works because no sooner had we finished tea, and Master 9 and Miss 7 were both up clearing away. Love a bit of easy reinforcement.


One of the many flowers that I love are Daffodils. So imagine my surprise when stopping by the florist to buy a posy to brighten the table for the weekend, when I spotted these beauties. I was not aware that they were even in season. I love them also because they are not as pricey as some of the other floral variety.


I think the bright colours are just so cheerful. Especially next to those yummy meringues that we happily devoured for tea.


So if your feeling like you need some cheering up this weekend, just stop buy your local florist and see if they have some in store.

My florist is getting to know me now as I have been buying a bunch of some kind every Friday for the last few months. She was telling me about her poor husband who has a cold that he caught off her early in the week. It seems to have been a man flu she said cause he has been two days on the couch and on deaths door it would seem. Oh poor fellow. Maybe he needs a bunch of daffodils to help him recover quicker. LOL


Have a great weekend. xxx



1 comment:

  1. Oh, she's too gorgeous! Congratulations indeed Miss Seven! Yay for the easy reinforcement, and yay for some lovely flowers and treats to welcome the weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete