Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Blog is Born














Hi all out there in Blogland.
This blogging is a very new experience for me. Inspired by my lovely sister to follow some blogs of others, I have now decided that I shall have a go myself.
My sister and a friend of hers were recently visiting us here in Tassie and while driving home from a good forrage at the local market, talking excitedly about blogging, I jokingly said I could call mine "to buy a fat pig". Later that day while rummaging through the recycle shop at the tip her friend excitedly called me over and said she was buying me a book to inspire me towards my blog. It was a childrens book with all different nursery rhymes about pigs and cute illustrations. We had a good laugh and the book has been sitting on my shelf for a few weeks now, gathering dust. Well long story short. last night while trying to avoid the football in the living room, I decided to give it a go. So here we are. Hope you enjoy! Hope I enjoy!
The pictures above are of an old cupboard I bought at secondhand sale. Gave it a coat of white and a bit of shabby treatment and now it sits proudly in our lounge room, hiding magazines in the cupboard and the girls hairbands and brushes. This was my first ever attempt at restoration.
What do you think??






1 comment:

  1. We for two think you are an absolute natural, at blogging & restoration!! Keep it coming sister!! :)

    ReplyDelete